Frozen Jose Mier With Some 2023 Suggestions
In my frozen Jose Mier kitchen in Sun Valley, CA the one thing I have on hand now more than ever is chocolate. If you’re like me you received a ton of chocolates over Christmas and you’re probably making a glutton of yourself to get rid of the excess, right? Well you don’t have to! What not take some of that excess chocolate and make a frozen dessert with it? Let’s start 2023 off right!
Sure, if you’re not in California like I am you’re probably in the midst of shoveling snow out of your driveway and the last thing you’re thinking about is frozen dessert. We’ll I’m going to ignore you and tell you that there’s nothing that compares to chocolate and even if you’re experiencing better cold, whipping up a great grozen dessert recipe is always a good idea. Heck, if it’s cold enough where you are, you don’t even need a freezer. Just put it outside to freeze!
So what’s on the menu this time? An easy chocolate dessert that can be whipped up in no time and which uses a few simple ingredients. I got this one from the Sweet Spicy Kitchen website but there are other variations out there including some great one on YouTube:
Here are all the ingredients:
• 24 Oreo or similar off-brand cookies
• 3 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
• 7 oz semi sweet chocolate (or add some leftover Christmas chocolates)
• 6 oz Cream Cheese
• 1 14-oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
• 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips or other Christmas chocolate candies
1. Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with non stick spray and set aside. Then put some Oreo (or similar type) cookies in food processor. Pulse until they become crumbs, then add
butter and mix it up.
2. Save 1/2 cup of this for later. For now spread the remainder on the bottom of you pan. Next, melt chocolate and let cool.
3. While it’s cooling, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl, until smooth, then add the condensed milk and continue beating till combined.
4. In another dish beat the heavy whipping cream, until stiff peaks
form, add cream cheese and sweet condensed milk mixture and beat till combined
5. Last, fold in melted chocolate and mix at low speed until combined.
6. Spread this on top of the Oreo layer with a spatula and then sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumb mixture and either chocolate chips or leftover Christmas chocolate peices
7. Wrap it up and place in you freezer overnight or outside if you live in Buffalo, NY!
Whatever the temperature outside your family or guests will love this dessert and you’ll have the added benefit of being about to get rid of some of the many, many Christmas chocolates you got this season. That’s a great way to start the new year, right?